Love your studiesAttitude during exams is very important. You should love your studies as you love doing your favourite things such as reading magazines, playing games, etc. Give it the same attention and passion and always handled it with positive mindset. Always think "Yes, I can do it!"
Continuous studies without any relaxation can make you feel exhausted and easily bored. Thus, don't eliminate your playtime and relaxing activities such as watching movies or shopping from your daily schedule. These activities will give your brain some time to relax and refresh your mind.
Avoid getting stressedStress is very common during exams but its treatment is in your own hands. You should make a timetable before exams. This is one of the best ways to avoid last-minute preparations and getting stressed out. Cramming should always be avoided and understanding and comprehending a topic should be preferred. Revised two hours per day so that you won't feel tension and nervous during exam times.
Studying for exams
Here are some tips that will help you study in a better way for exams:
- Ask a teacher`s advice on how to study for a particular course.
- Take short breaks while studying. This will release your stress.
- Get enough sleep and have nutritious food.
- Plan your study timings.
- Do exercise or at least walk or play to refresh your body.
- Practice old question papers. This will give you an idea of what pattern has been followed previously by the teachers so that you can follow it to get better prepared.
- If you are studying in the evening, don`t sleep right after you complete you stop studying. First release your stress by walking or listening to music or doing anything that interests you and after that go to sleep.
On the exam day
- Have a healthy breakfast but avoid oily and heavy things.
- Do the final revision of the most important topics after breakfast.
- Get the material organised and recheck your stationery (pen, pencil, compass box, eraser, etc) in your bag.
- Make sure you drink plenty of water throughout the day to avoid getting dehydrated.
- If feeling tensed, practice deep breathing.
After the examination
- Do not get stressed after you are done with your paper. Whatever is done cannot be changed.
- Do not indulge in comparisons with others by asking how they answered the questions. It will only make you feel worry more.
So I would like to wish good luck to all my friends. Together we strive for excellence. (: