Earth Hour is an awesome activity that you can do together with your family and friends. Only for one night and one hour. All countries around the world are supporting it. Even our beloved country Malaysia (:
Why we should support Earth Hour?
Easy. The climate is changing ! The 10 hottest years on record have occurred since 1990. Other than that, one million species worldwide are facing extinction due to climate change.
Unfortunately, not everyone is aware of these facts. Earth Hour is our opportunity to demonstrate on how a simple change in our way of life could change and help to save our planet.
So, what can you do ?
- Turn your computer off at the wall when you finish work for the day and turn your monitor off during your breaks.
- Turn off any unnecessary lighting, especially when you leave a room.
- Use energy efficient light globes to reduce energy consumption.
- Create a special occasion and hold an event to socialise and share Earth Hour with each other.
- Talk to children at your service and ask them for ideas about what they could do to help- make it fun.
- And lastly, spread the word, to anyone that you know.
See people, it is really easy. You can make it happen. Don't forget to support our Earth Hour on 26 March 2011 at 8.30 pm.
Save the Earth
For more information, you can go to www.earthhour.org.